Aging, Geriatrics & Convalesces
Effects on quality of life
- Loss of muscle control & joint stability.
- Loss of muscle mass.
- Increased stiffness of muscles and tendons.
- Possibly arthritis & or osteoarthritis.
Benefits for the aged in the under-water hydro treadmill
- Able to exercise without injury for longer periods.
- Full weight-bearing activities.
- Strengthen & increased flexibility of muscles.
- Increased blood circulation.
- Working more muscle groups simultaneously.
- Water provides resistance throughout the range of motion.
- Decreases the risk of overheating.