Hydrotherapy Underwater Treadmill
- Promotes relaxation & the warmth of the water eases muscles
- Massaging effect that warms & unwinds muscles, stimulates blood circulation & generally relaxes the dog before or after exercise
- Muscle strengthening, maintenance & restoration
- Intensifies conditioning and boosts weight loss
- Improves range of motion of affected joints
- Decreases load on weight-bearing or arthritic joints
- Joint mobilisation
- Reduces swelling
- Enhances cardiovascular fitness & function after injury
- Provides stability and confidence while exercising
- Invigorating & healthy
- Initiates an expansion of surface blood vessels & increases the skin temperature, which can bring about a decrease in pain, muscle spasm, swelling & stiffness.
- Buoyancy decreases load on weight-bearing joints, which allows easier movement, while the increased exercise promotes a wider range of movement.
- Hydrostatic pressure applied by the water can assist in reducing swelling by causing blood fluid to move away from the affected area and increased [there is a missing word here] with further exercise of the limb.
- The animal is able to move and make use of his muscles and joints in a way that would not be possible on land, due to relatively poorer balance and weight-bearing issues.
- Reduces gravity, diminishes concussive forces and thereby reduces stress on joints.
- Hydrostatic pressure promotes circulation and pain relief.
- Resistance helps to aid muscle strengthening.