Myofascial Release Therapy
What is it?
- Holistic non-invasive approach to restoration and maintenance of your pet’s good health.
- Drug-free treatment.
- Provides pain relief for your pet from muscular skeletal problems.
- Practitioners use their hands to gently stretch the muscles and fascia to release restrictions, allowing the body to function optimally and heal itself naturally.
- Alternative, integrative, complementary, natural & holistic medicine.
- Potent modality therapy used to reduce dysfunctions.
How does it Work?
- For your pet’s body to function optimally, muscles and fascia should be relaxed and able to stretch and respond to the body’s needs.
- If muscles and fascia are too tense and tight, movement and range of motion will be restricted.
- Therapists will apply pressure and work on small specific areas of muscle & fascia at a time.
- Start stretching at the thigh area and move on when it relaxes, gradually equalising myofascial tension throughout your pet.
- Treatment is gentle and done by hand, and guided by pets’ responses.
- Facilitates the body’s natural ability to heal by releasing restrictions in the muscles & connective tissues, allowing the body to become rebalanced and realigned.
What does it help with?
- Back pain & lower back pain.
- Degenerative joint disease.
- Dragging hind toes/feet & stumbling.
- Head shaking.
- Neck pain & shoulder problems.
- Sprains and Strains.
- Neurological dysfunction.
- Restriction of motion.
- Lumber/pelvic region dysfunction.
- Bursitis, septic arthritis & infection in synovial structures/cavity.
- Agitation & behavioural problems.