Reiki Healing & Relaxation Therapy
Reiki is a non-invasive holistic method of energy work that relaxes, reduces stress, speeds up the healing process, and relieves pain. It opens the door to healing on the physical, mental/emotional, and spiritual level. Reiki is ideal for use with animals because it is gentle, non-invasive and doesn’t require physical contact. It doesn’t cause stress, discomfort, or pain, and yet yields powerful results. Animals respond intuitively to Reiki’s power to support the healing of emotional, behavioural, and physical illnesses and injuries.
Pronounced “Ray-key,” its name is derived from the Japanese words “Rei” which means “Universal Life” and “Ki” which means “Energy.” Reiki is a spiritually guided life force energy that strengthens the body’s ability to heal itself on multiple levels.
What conditions can be treated?
Reiki treatment can support pain relief for all kind of illnesses and injuries, accelerated healing from surgery, emotional healing, including healing for behavioural issues, prevention of illness or accelerated healing of an illness. Reiki can:
- Maintain health and wellbeing on the physical, mental and emotional levels.
- Induce deep relaxation and stress-relief.
- Accelerate healing in sick or injured animals, or animals recovering from surgery..
- Help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Help reduce behaviour problems and aggression.
- Help abused animals heal from past mental/physical trauma.
- Complement conventional and alternative therapies.
- Lessen the side-effects of other medical treatments.
What does a Reiki session feel like?
A Reiki session is very relaxing and peaceful—for the client as well as the practitioner. During a session, you may feel heat coming from the practitioner’s hands or a tingling sensation in certain parts of your body. This is completely normal—you are simply feeling the Reiki energy at work. Some people, however, may not experience these sensations and just feel deeply relaxed—some even fall asleep!
Will it hurt my pet and is it safe?
Reiki is non-invasive and painless. Animals seem to have a natural understanding of what Reiki is and its benefits. Once a pet has received a Reiki treatment, they will often let you know that they want more.